The Margaret River Yoga School was established in 1994 and was the first full time practising yoga school in regional Western Australia. The school offers both daytime and evening classes for beginners through to the more advanced student. MRYS prides itself on being able to offer a range of personalised classes, pregnancy workshops and private classes. Our knowledgeable, experienced and qualified teachers will provide ongoing assistance, allowing you to travel successfully on your yogic journey.
We believe community is extremely important and we are only to happy to assist, help and share with any questions regarding health through yoga.
is located within walking distance to the town centre, and there is ample parking surrounding the building.
The studio building
is currently heritage listed and was once the original local blacksmiths workshop. Renovations were completed in 1994 and some modifications were carried out to ensure plenty of natural light into the space whilst maintaining the buildings old world charm.
is primarily an Iyengar yoga school. All yoga props, mats, straps and blankets are provided with every lesson and are available for general use upon request. Yoga equipment is available to buy any time, and should you require anything more specific, please be sure to let us know.
* Like a tree with many sprawling branches, MRYS experienced instructors also cater for many other styles of Yoga (please check timetable)
* All of our teachers have a wealth of experience and are backed up with their relevant qualifications
* The school is also fully accredited and insured
* Everyone is welcome at The Margaret River Yoga School
* The premises is available for hire on a daily or a weekend rate. There is also access to alternative natural therapies in the neighbouring rooms, with chinese medicine, a chiropractor, and a massage and beauty therapist also available