Benefits of Yoga
Yoga means “union”.
Yoga is the integration of the body, mind and spirit. The body is used as a tool to harmonise and balance the energies within for a more rewarding and enjoyable life.
Yoga is a scientific fitness system that builds flexibility, stamina, endurance, balance, aerobic capacity, concentration, mental clarity and also reduces stress.
Yoga works on and improves all of the body’s functions – nerves, circulation, hormones, digestion, reproduction. It creates good posture through aligning the skeletal structure. It keeps one’s joints strong and moving freely.
The practice of yoga takes devotion, courage, tenacity and intelligence from the practitioner, however the benefits are far reaching and will assist the practitioner in every aspect of daily living.
* Stress and anxiety reduction
* Increase in flexibility and stamina
* Postural realignment
* Rejuvenation of internal organs
* Improvement in circulation, co-ordination and balance
* Relief in PMS and menstrual tensions
* Helpful with pregnancy
* Yoga is a processed oriented activity with something to offer everyone